Ly Son is an island district located in Quang Ngai Province in South Central Coast of Vietnam. It is also called Cu Lao Re by local people. The island was formed by the eruptions of volcano for thousands years ago. That’s why Ly Son is dubbed as “the second Jeju” (Jeju is a famous island in Korea).
Located about 30km to the mainland, Ly Son is featured with abundant cultural and historical relics, wonderful garlic fields, breath-taking beaches and imposing rock cliffs and mountains. The beaches here are in crescent shape with white sand, special turquoise water and pebbles lying along the seashore. There are various activities that you can try on these beaches, from swimming, sun bathing to boating, fishing; from sea sports such as surfing to scuba diving, snorkeling for sightseeing undersea world.
Ly Son has diverse ecosystem including 5 mountains, named Thoi Loi, Giang Tien, Hon Vung, Hon Soi and Hoi Ta with mysterious caves, imposing waterfalls, and beautiful river and streams. Especially, from Thoi Loi Peak – the highest point in the island, you can see the whole view of Ly Son and the ocean as well as a charming scene of sunrise.
You can also come to visit immense garlic fields on the island. Garlic is the most particular speciality in Ly Son and together with seafood, it is the main agricultural product of the locals. Besides, Ly Son has a huge number of historical and cultural relics. Among them, on the east side of Gieng Tien Mountain is a ancient pagoda called Duc Pagoda. Visiting the pagoda, you learn a story about the Goddess of Mercy who traveled on Bac Hai Sea to save fishermen in distress. Seeing fishing boats being sunk by storms, she tore her robe into thousands of pieces and threw them into the sea. These pieces of cloth turned into dolphins which saved fishermen on the sea. Due to their belief, the locals made a statue of the Goddess of Mercy, 27m high, facing the sea and placed it at the pagoda with the hope that the Goddess of Mercy will protect fishermen when they go to the sea.
- Visiting Cuu Village – the place to keep countrified beauty of Vietnam
- Binh Thuan province hosted Puppetry and Folk Games Festival
- Top 10 most interesting experiences when traveling Vietnam (Part 1)
- Three most favored street vendors that you cannot miss in Hanoi.
- Coming to Hoi An in Full Moon Festival
- New printable Vietnam e-visa to be available by January 2017
- Vietnam to issue 1 year visas for US passport holders in May 2016
- 40 percent off stamping fees for Vietnam visa since November 23, 2015
- A few tips for the camping with your kids
- Various activities held in Monkey Island in Nha Trang city to celebrate Tet Holiday
- 8 new tours in Central region in 2015
- Five hotels in Vietnam ranked as the world’s best services 2015
- Discovering beautiful natural landscapes of Trang An
- A tour to visit Hue in one day
- Ho Chi Minh City hold Spring Festival 2015