Fansipan is a mountain in Northern Vietnam which is recognized as the highest in Indochina (3,143m), located in Lao Cai Province, about 9km to Sa Pa Town in the Hoang Lien Son Range. It is dubbed “the roof of Indochina” which is a really tough natural challenge for climbers or hikers to conquer.
To get to the peak, it takes at least 3 days of trekking. You have to overcome various obstacles including wild insects and snakes, harsh weather condition, dense jungles, slipping stones as well as abrupt mountain slopes. The compelling demand for hikers is good health condition and the readiness for any difficulties. You also have to prepare sturdy shoes, warm and comfortable outfits. The porters will carry foods and necessary equipments, so you don’t have to worry about it. These porters are also another must-have demand, because they are local ethnic minority whom know the tracks and be able to lead the way. You can find them at Cat Cat village or some other villages in the foot of the mountain.
Climbing to Fansipan does not require ropes or special technical climbing skills, but the track to it is very rough and unpredictable. There are a lot of steep slopes which can break your will and energy. In the height of 2,100m, the track is more and more dangerous with high and sharp cliff on one side and deep abyss on another side.
However, from the high position, you can see incredibly beautiful and stunning scenery. It is a immense green of forest and paddle fields downside as well as fabulous scene of blue sky and white cloud around the mountain and around you. You have the best view of high mounts such as Pomu, Van Sam, Thiet Sam, etc. Standing on the peak of Fansipan is an amazing and victorious feeling that can be worthy for miserable trekking days.
Moreover, on the road to the peak, you can have chance to see attractive landscapes, including spectacular waterfalls and streams, immense bamboo forests, rare and precious animals and plants, wild and charming flowers such as orchid, rhondodendron, etc.
- New printable Vietnam e-visa to be available by January 2017
- Vietnam to issue 1 year visas for US passport holders in May 2016
- 40 percent off stamping fees for Vietnam visa since November 23, 2015
- A few tips for the camping with your kids
- Various activities held in Monkey Island in Nha Trang city to celebrate Tet Holiday
- 8 new tours in Central region in 2015
- Five hotels in Vietnam ranked as the world’s best services 2015
- Discovering beautiful natural landscapes of Trang An
- A tour to visit Hue in one day
- Ho Chi Minh City hold Spring Festival 2015