Ha Long Bay in the northern province of Quang Ninh was recognized as a World Heritage site in 1994. Recently, it has been cited as one of top eight most beautiful landscapes in the world by mymodernmet.com.
Geographic location: Located in the north-east of Vietnam, Ha Long Bay belongs to Ha Long city, Cam Pha town and a part of Van Don District. The total are of this bay is 1,553 quare kilometers, consisting of 1969 islands with various sizes and shapes. Among the islands, you can also find hidden lagoons, beautiful beaches, countless caves and unique grottoes.
Climate: Ha Long Bay has four seasons like most localities in Vietnam: spring, summer, autumn and winter. The average temperature is 15-25°C and annual rainfall is between 2 and 2.2 meters. Visiors can travel to the bay any time of the year, especially from April to October when the weather will be cool and pleasant while it can be cold, rainy and foggy during the rest of the year.
Natural beauty: Ha Long is special partly due to the important vestiges in the formation and development of the earth’s history. It also connets closely with the development of history. There are many place-names, such as Van Don where the well-known trading post was built in, Bai Tho Mountain where the autographs of celebrities were recorded and Bach Dang River where two naval battles of the army and the people who fought against Nguyen-Mong happened. We would have a feeling of being lost in a fairy land when visiting hundreds of islands such as La Vong Island, Dau Nguoi Islet, Thien Cung Cave, Dau Go Cave and so on.
Earlier, a US magazine listed Ha Long Bay as one of 100 destinations you must visit in your lifetime. The bay has also been voted to be a vision of breathtaking view and one of the world’s top ten Valentine’s getaways by US based National Geographic magazine.
- Hanoi is ranked among the most 10 culturally rich cities in the world
- Tips for a safe and comfortable trip at the sea
- Experience the new adventure activity in Phong Nha-Ke Bang
- Visiting Dam Bay Bay to find peaceful and quiet moments
- Three museums of Vietnam listed among top 25 Asia attractive by TripAdvisor
- New printable Vietnam e-visa to be available by January 2017
- Vietnam to issue 1 year visas for US passport holders in May 2016
- 40 percent off stamping fees for Vietnam visa since November 23, 2015
- A few tips for the camping with your kids
- Various activities held in Monkey Island in Nha Trang city to celebrate Tet Holiday
- 8 new tours in Central region in 2015
- Five hotels in Vietnam ranked as the world’s best services 2015
- Discovering beautiful natural landscapes of Trang An
- A tour to visit Hue in one day
- Ho Chi Minh City hold Spring Festival 2015
Next post: Hue citadel, ancient timeless beauty