How to get VAT refund in Vietnam
How to get VAT refund in Vietnam – Accordingly, from 1 July 2014, the new Circular No.72/2014/TT- BTC on value- added tax (VAT) refund for purchases made in Vietnam has been officially implemented which allows foreigners, overseas Vietnamese to receive VAT refund when leaving the country. Under this new plan, foreigners are entitled to obtain a refund that account for 85 percent of VAT on eligible goods that were purchased at VAT refund shops. VAT refund currency is VND.
According to the Ministry of Finance, VAT refunded goods must live up to these four requirements:
1. The purchased goods must be subject to VAT, unused and is allowed on aircraft.
2. The purchased goods must not appear on the list of export prohibitions or restrictions.
3. The purchased goods must have invoices and VAT refund declarations issued within 30 days of departure.
4. The purchased goods must be bought from a single shop in one day duration and must be value of at least VND 2.000.000
How to get the VAT refund?
1. At the payment counter, inform the staff that you would like to have the Tax Refund Receipt. The staff will ask for your passport to create the VAT refund declaration form. Then they will issue you an original copy of the tax refund receipt. Keep your original receipts and tax refund receipt.
2. Before departing for airport, you should pack the purchased goods, your passport along with the invoices and VAT declaration form separately for easy retrieval during inspection at the airport. The airport staff will ask to see these items, therefore you should be get ready for them to be inspected.
3. Upon arriving to the airport, head over to the VAT refund customs inspection office to present all the items mentioned above.
4. Once you’ve finished all the paperwork to get your declaration form, the staff will collect your boarding pass. You will then bring your check- in- luggage to the Tax Refund Desk, where you will receive your refund. The refund will be in Vietnam Dong so you will have to head to a currency exchange. At Noi Bai, there is a Maritime Bank and Vietcom Bank while you will find BIDV and VietinBank exchanges in Tan Son Nhat airport.
- Less paperwork hassle
- Short time processing
- Competitive price
- Customer-centred approach
Why apply with us?
Previous post: Discovering Ly Son Island