Legitimacy of Vietnam visa on arrival
Normally, foreign visitors who wish to obtain an entry Vietnam visa are required to contact directly to Vietnam Embassy in the country where you are living. This option is traditionally considered as the only way to get a visa to Vietnam. Since 2000, however, thanks to new policy of Vietnam Immigration Department, a new method of Vietnam visa application has been posted making this process easier and more convenient than ever, which known as Vietnam Visa On Arrival (VOA). Despite its appearance for over 10 years, many people still seem to be confused about its legitimacy. Now, we would like to one again strongly confirm that Vietnam Visa On Arrival (VOA) is completely a legitimate process.
What is Vietnam visa on arrival?
In briefly speaking, Vietnam visa on arrival is an electronic document issued by the Vietnam Immigration Department in PDF/ JPG format sent out to customers via email. This paperwork is not a full visa but a required document to get visa stamped at Vietnam arrival airports.
How to prove the legitimacy of Vietnam visa on arrival?
Vietnam visa on arrival is defined by Vietnam Immigration regulation; therefore it is approved by Vietnamese Government. The legitimacy of Vietnam visa on arrival has been confirmed by the Ordinance dated April 28, 2000 on Entry, Exit and Residence of foreigners in Vietnam. The Ordinance comprises of 07 chapters and 26 articles stating specifically who is responsible for what in term of Vietnam visa issuance, and who and how long can get an entry Vietnam visa.
1. Agencies, organizations and individuals that invite foreigners into Vietnam shall send their written requests to the entry and exit management agency of the Ministry of Public Security or the consular office of the Ministry for Foreign Affairs.
2. A written request shall be replied within no more than 5 working days after the receipt of the request.
1. Foreigners applying for entry shall be granted visas at Vietnam’s international border gates in the following cases:
- They enter for funerals of their relatives, for visits to their seriously ill relatives;
- They depart from countries where Vietnamese diplomatic missions and/or consulates are not available;
- They enter for visits under programs organized by international tour enterprises of Vietnam;
- They enter to provide urgent technical support for programs, projects; to give first-aid to seriously ill persons, accident victims; to provide rescue for victims of natural disasters and epidemics in Vietnam;
- For other urgent reasons.
If you have any question, please contact us at email@example.com, or through hotline: (+84) 986 364 851
- Less paperwork hassle
- Short time processing
- Competitive price
- Customer-centred approach