SHOPPING IN HO CHI MINH CITY – WHAT AND WHERE TO BUY
Vietnam is a manufacturing country, so imitations of brand name clothes are often cheaper than the suggested retail price. It is easy for you to find both high end brand clothing and mall brands such as Old Navy, American Eagle Outfitters and more. Locals and many foreign tourists like to shop for clothes at the stores along Nguyen Trai Street and at Saigon Square. Remember that there are two different locations for Saigon Square with similar items sold out but Saigon Square 2, the new location is cooler and more spacious than the original one.
Ho Chi Minh city has two streets dedicated entirely to shoes and you will find imitations of brand name shoes like the case with clothes, but be careful with the quality of the items because they might wear out or tear very quickly. There are a series of shoe shops in Ly Chinh Thang street displaying and selling shoes in different sizes and styles while the shops on the street just outside of Ben Thanh market and one block away from Le Loi street have larger sizes but the prices are a little higher.
Handbags and luggages
You are strongly recommended to visit Le Lai street between New World hotel and Ben Than market if you need to buy handbags or luggage. The shops have the most well known brand names like North Face, Samsonite and so on. You could also choose from a wide range of models and styles the ones suiting you at some places from Sai Gon Square to Binh Tay market in Cho Lon.
Vietnam is famous for its unique and special handicrafts such as lacquerware and coconut dinnerware. If you like fabrics, you could buy pathwork or threadwork embroidery. For wood items, handcrafted wooden boats and figurines might interest you. The best place to go shopping is An Dong plaza near Cho Lon in China town and Ben Than market for fabric and wood crafts.
- New printable Vietnam e-visa to be available by January 2017
- Vietnam to issue 1 year visas for US passport holders in May 2016
- 40 percent off stamping fees for Vietnam visa since November 23, 2015
- A few tips for the camping with your kids
- Various activities held in Monkey Island in Nha Trang city to celebrate Tet Holiday
- 8 new tours in Central region in 2015
- Five hotels in Vietnam ranked as the world’s best services 2015
- Discovering beautiful natural landscapes of Trang An
- A tour to visit Hue in one day
- Ho Chi Minh City hold Spring Festival 2015