Long Son Pagoda is a Buddha temple located in Nha Trang City on South Center Coast of Vietnam. It is the famous sites in this beautiful city.
Long Son Pagoda was previously known as Dang Long Tu or White Buddha. The pagoda was first built in 1886 under the name Dang Tu Long on Trai Thuy Mountain. In 1900, after a terrible storm, Long Son was destroyed and had to be moved to another place which is the current location. Today, the temple is a popular address for both local people and international tourists. It is considered as the largest pagoda with the biggest outdoor-statue in Vietnam.
The most outstanding feature in Long Son is huge white Buddha Statue sitting behind the temple on the peak of Trai Thuy Mount. The statue is 24 meters long, including 3 meters of platform, 7 meters of lotus blossom and 14 meters of the Buddha’s figure. Around the Buddha statue are statues of seven arahants. In front of the statue lies a pair of dragons, which are 7.20 m long.
The temple is also very impressive in architecture and surroundings. The entrance and roofs are decorated with dragon mosaics which are built from glass and ceramic tiles. There is a large and beautiful garden around the temple, combining with a high mountain behind the temple, making harmonizing and vivid scenery.
The main ceremonial hall is quite tall and spacious with the total area of 1,670 m2. Especially, there is a giant bronze statue of Gautama Buddha.
To go up to the peak of Trai Thuy Mountain to see the White Statue, you have to go through 152 stone steps. And from this height, you will get a ideal view of the whole city of Nha Trang, from landscapes to seascapes.
- New printable Vietnam e-visa to be available by January 2017
- Vietnam to issue 1 year visas for US passport holders in May 2016
- 40 percent off stamping fees for Vietnam visa since November 23, 2015
- A few tips for the camping with your kids
- Various activities held in Monkey Island in Nha Trang city to celebrate Tet Holiday
- 8 new tours in Central region in 2015
- Five hotels in Vietnam ranked as the world’s best services 2015
- Discovering beautiful natural landscapes of Trang An
- A tour to visit Hue in one day
- Ho Chi Minh City hold Spring Festival 2015