Located on the first point of Vietnam’s S-shape, Tra Co Peninsula is one of the most beautiful coastal destinations in the country.
Tra Co is a crescent-shaped peninsula situated in Quang Ninh Province, near Mong Cai town, with the longest coastal line of 17km. Tra Co is a peninsula, but sometime it turns to a island, because when the tides rise, the land area linking between Mong Cai Town and Tra Co is sunk in sea water.
The beauty of Tra Co is the combination of stunning beach, amazing surroundings and ancient architectures. The beach here still remain intact and pristine, featured by an extended white smooth sand stretch, pure blue water all year round, gentle waves and perfect view. Standing behind the beach is a shadowed casuarinas forest, used to protect the inner village from hurricanes and the sand from erosion. It is neighbored to an original eco-system of mangrove forest. Surrounding the beach is picturesque mountainous sceneries. Quiet, peaceful and freshly cool environment also make Tra Co Beach more charming.
Just 6 kilometers from the beach, there is a place where tourists could relax by watching the romantic sunrise and sunset. It is the beautiful Con Mang sand-bank, whose sand is fairly smooth and so solid that you can ride a motorbike on it. This is place where you can sit on the rocks and listen to the sounds from the sea waves. This will make you feel free, relaxed, and harmonized with the nature.
You can also visit Vietnam’s border point with China, Ba Vi which is next to Con Mang. Ba Vi is the natural start of S-Shape of Vietnam. From here, you can see the land of China and also some vestiges of the Border War between the two countries.
Tra Co Peninsula has a lot of outstanding ancient architectures, including cathedral, pagodas, community temples, Xuan Lan Temples, etc. Tra Co community temple, built in 1462, is a notable and majestic architecture which is the most featuring building of Vietnam’s ancient architecture. Xuan Lan, Linh Khanh, Nam Tho are the three beautiful temples with amazing designs and incredible surroundings.
Especially, Tra Co is famous for a Western architecture – Tra Co Cathedral. It is an old building constructed in 1980s with grandiose and wonderful design. It has hundred Reliefs and a huge 80 years-old bell.
- Da Nang launched the first mountain sightseeing trolley in Ba Na Hill
- Activities to celebrate World Environment Day and Vietnam Sea and Islands Week
- Vietnam’s biggest Xmas Festival 2014 will be held in Tay Ho Park
- Ho Chi Minh City launched International Food Festival
- Hue citadel, ancient timeless beauty
- New printable Vietnam e-visa to be available by January 2017
- Vietnam to issue 1 year visas for US passport holders in May 2016
- 40 percent off stamping fees for Vietnam visa since November 23, 2015
- A few tips for the camping with your kids
- Various activities held in Monkey Island in Nha Trang city to celebrate Tet Holiday
- 8 new tours in Central region in 2015
- Five hotels in Vietnam ranked as the world’s best services 2015
- Discovering beautiful natural landscapes of Trang An
- A tour to visit Hue in one day
- Ho Chi Minh City hold Spring Festival 2015